Valentines Day is a struggle for us gluten and dairy free folk, but not anymore!
I love this menu because its fancy for a special occasion like Valentines Day, but it is SO EASY! You will never make filet any other way again! It is fool-proof and you can't go wrong.
The sauce is another one of my favorite recipes because it is seriously a legit steak sauce (not from a bottle) and only takes minutes.
Lets just talk dessert here for a second. This dessert is so tasty and will curb your chocolate fix! Whats better than a molten lava cake thats gluten and dairy free? Adding gluten and dairy free cookie dough to the center of course.
We hope you have an amazing Valentines Day spending time with the ones you love and if you don't have a date who cares! Make this dinner for yourself or invite some friends over to make them feel special. They won't even tell the difference. We LOVE you all!
Filet Mignon With Homemade Steak Sauce:
1.5 Pounds Filet Mignon, Cut 1 1/2 Inch thick
1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Shallot, Finely Chopped
1 Cup Red Cooking Wine
2 Teaspoons Worchestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Corn Starch
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the filets on a clean surface and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. Preheat a cast iron skillet on high heat. Add oil an immediately add steaks. Sear and do not move for 5 minutes per side. Remove from the stove.
4. Place the whole pan in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove the steaks to a plate and cover with the same foil. Place the cast iron skillet back on medium heat and add olive oil and shallot. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add wine and cook for 5 minutes to reduce. Add worchtershire sauce and brown sugar.
6. In a cup mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and then add directly to the pan. Stir until sauce become thickened.
7. Serve over the steak.
Cookie Dough Filled Chocolate Lava Cake
1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life Brand)
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Recipe Follows)
Coconut Oil Spray and Sugar (to coat ramekins)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Cook in 30 second intervals stirring after each interval. Cook for a total of 1:30.
2. In a separate bowl combine eggs and sugar and whisk until it becomes a pale yellow color.
3. Pour 1/3 of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine. Add the remaining chocolate and stir until combined.
4. Spray the ramekins and then coat in sugar. Pour 1/2 Cup of the batter into the ramekins.
5. Take 1-2 Tablespoons of the cookie dough and make into a disk shape. Place in the middle of the ramekin and press down a little so the cookie dough is covered with batter.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the center is still gooey but the outside is cooked.
Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 Dozen
1 Stick Crisco or Diary Free Butter Substitute
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Dry Vanilla Pudding Mix (GF and DF)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 1/4 Cups Gluten Free 1-1 Bobs Red Mill Flour
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips (Enjoy Life Brand)
1. Stir together crisco and the sugars until creamy and well incorporated. Add pudding mix and stir to combine.
2. Add one egg at a time. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Stir to combine.
3. Add chocolate Chips.
4. For the molten cake recipe place in the freezer. To cook preheat oven to 350 F and cook for 10 minutes.