Super Bowl is around the corner and this is the perfect appetizer for game day. Most game day food is not allergen friendly! This recipe is from The Formula Cookbook! Head over to the website to grab your copy! And enjoy the big game.
Gluten Free Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
1 Pound Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons Gluten Free Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Cubed ½ Inch
2 Tablespoons Tamed Jarred Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
3 Slices Bacon, Cooked, Crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Place the ground beef into a mixing bowl and add the egg, shredded cheddar cheese, panko, worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
4. Mix with your hands until just combined (be careful to not overmix).
5. Grab a golf ball size amount of meat mixture with your hands and form the mixture into a ball. With your thumb, imprint your finger in the middle of the ball to form a little well. Place one jalapeno and one cube of cream cheese into the well. Fold up the edges of the meat mixture to enclose the cream cheese and jalapeno.
6. Repeat with all the remaining mixture.
7. Preheat a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
8. Add the vegetable oil into the pan and carefully place your meatballs in the pan (don’t touch them for 5 minutes to sear). Flip over and sear for another 5 minutes. Remove from the stove and place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and top with crumbled bacon.